Recipe by Coco - Banana
I adapted this recipe off a fellow vegan and it is just delicious! It is similar to Indian dhal, but it works extremely well with barley or couscous. Very tasty!
- 1 cup whole mung beans, soaked for 8 hours
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 2 fresh red chilies, sliced
- 1⁄2 small pumpkin, cooked and mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the mung beans until they are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic, capsicums and chilli.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Mash the mung beans with a potato masher and add the onion mixture.
- Add the tomato puree and pumpkin mash and cook for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve.