Recipe by Coco - Banana
This recipe is a light, refreshing soup perfect for spring and summer. I am not one for creamy things, and this is not rich at all. It is adapted from veganchef.com (Butterbean and Herb Cream Soup)
Top Review by sugarpea
Lovely-looking soup that tastes like spring. I used the defatted broth from yesterday's St. Pat's corned beef instead of water and it added lots of flavor. The herbs made the soup.
- 2 cups dried lima beans, soaked overnight (8 hours)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the soaked lima beans, in enough water to cover, with the bay leaf, until they are tender.
- Once cooked, discard the bay leaf and add chopped fresh herbs and sea salt to taste.
- Transfer to a blender (or just use a hand blender), and blend until it is a smooth consistency.
- Serve, with warm crusty bread and a garden salad.