Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from Alma Lee Alexander in Payette, ID. This is a great winter appetizer. I used all beef dinner frankfurters.
- 2 lbs frankfurters, dinner
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut the franks into pieces 1/2" long.
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve hot.
Made these for Halloween last year and they were delightful!
Great game time snack. I cut back on the ketchup, but added a little more BBq sauce. Used open pit sweet and tangy, great little appetizers that were full of flavor. Made for PRMR tag.
delicious. this will be my go to recipe for cocktail weiners. ONE THING THOUGH- a little too salty. Will not use salt, or just very little, next time.