Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens Aug 2008 Issue. "Researchers recently made the interesting discovery that adding alcohol to berries boosted the amount of antioxidants in the fruit that could be absorbed by our bodies." So DRINK UP!
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup raspberries (may substitute blackberries)
- 1 cup ice cube
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon snipped of fresh mint
- mint sprig (to garnish)
- Blend berries, ice, juice, vodka, sugar and mint about 2 minutes, or until smooth. Some seeds will remain.
- Transfer to large glasses and garnish with mint springs.
- Cheers to your health!
Wowser this was scrumptious! Definitely made me feel better ;) I used Frozen Mixed Berries. Blueberries, Strawberries, raspberries and Blackberries. YUM! Thanks for sharing such a simple berry delicious therapy cocktail. Me liked it Alot! (Made for Bevy Tag 08) Cheers my friend! ~V
Yummm. This was my drink while making dinner last night and it was so good! I had blackberries in the freezer so I used those instead of the raspberries and I have to admit I add a touch more vodka than one tablespoon. Halved this recipe for one person. Thanks so much for a quick easy drink recipe and it's so pretty too!!