Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
As the name suggests a must-have snack for cocktails. Cubes of chicken, ham, and potatoes or any choice of meat stacked up in a toothpick and then deep fried with a lovely dip that's so good. Hardly takes any time. It's just so addictive!
ingredients for batter
- 1 cup refined flour
- 4 teaspoons cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
for the cocktail stick
- 2 big potatoes (boiled peeled n cut in small cubes)
- 200 g boneless chicken breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 200 g cooked chicken (cut into bite sized cubes) or 200 g cooked ham (cut into bite sized cubes)
- red chili powder
- oil (for frying)
for the dip
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander or 1 tablespoon mint leaf, chopped
- For the batter:.
- Sieve all dry ingredients together add garlic n gradually add water to make a custard like paste (not very liquidy neither very thick).
- Add coriander leaves green chillies and lemon juice keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes. Batter should be very smooth and without any lumps.
- For the dip:.
- Mix all ingredients together and chill for 30 minutes.
- For the cocktail sticks:.
- In a small bowl take chicken pieces sprinkle some salt and red chili powder over it keep aside (10 minutes).
- In a small bowl take potatoes sprinkle salt and red chili powder; keep aside (10 minutes).
- Now take a toothpick and stack a chicken piece then stack a potato cube and last of all stack a cube of ham.
- Prepare all toothpicks like this.
- Fry only when ready to serve.
- Heat oil.
- Mix the batter once again.
- Now dip the sticks in the batter and deep fry in hot oil, first on a high flame then on a medium flame. Drain on paper towels. Do not brown much.
- Give one minute standing time to heat the oil and then fry another batch.
- Serve immediately else they will loose their crispiness.
- Serve with chilled dip.