Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A little different then the popular grape jelly and BBQ sauce sausage appetizer. I like this one better. Great for parties. Substitute frankfurters, cut into 1 inch pieces if desired.
- 1⁄2 cup currant jelly
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 (5 ounce) packages smoked link sausage or 2 (5 ounce) packages cocktail franks
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Combine jelly, wine, lemon peel, lemon juice and mustard in a large pan.
- Bring to boil, stirring until jelly melts.
- Add sausages.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir water into cornstarch.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into sausage mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Serve warm.
Karen first made this for me at our house when she moved to CA. This is a great even as a meal. I've made it with prepared meatballs frozen from the store and it was great.