Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple recipe that will have the kids begging for more! You may have to watch the chilli content as it may get quite hot. Great food for when you looking for something quick and simple.
- 1 (500 g) packagered cocktail franks
- 1 (440 g) canof peeled roma tomatoes (egg shape)
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 (440 g) can red kidney beans
- chili powder
- 1 small white onion
- sea salt
- cracked black peppercorns
- 2 slices lean bacon (optional)
- olive oil
- In a medium saucepan,place a tablespoon of olive oil and saute onion until clear.
- Cut pepper into strips and cook with onion until soft.
- You make wish to add some bacon pieces at this point.
- Added drained tomatoes.
- Add drained beans and at this stage you may need to add some water to cover beans.
- Let the ingredients heat through and add salt, cracked peppercorns and chilli to taste.
- Add cocktail sausages and cook until skin splits.
- Serve in warm bowls with lots of crusty bread.