Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
It was snowy & icy in upstate NY. We had gotten in from the grocery store, put things away & realized we forgot Cocktail Sauce for the shrimp! I popped open "The Old Settlement Cookbook", circa. 1943, and found this one. I like it because it calls for things usually on hand.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all together, add a few dashes of hot sauce, as desired to taste.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Serve with cold cooked shrimp hung over edges in individual cocktail glasses with sauce inside, spooned over a small amt. of fresh lettuce leaves as an appetizer.