Recipe by Yrhaven (aka Condiment Queen)
I did this one night figuring the punch, spice and 'tanginess' of fresh grated ginger would be perfect for cocktail sauce. Boy was I right, I don't even like cocktail sauce with-out it anymore. It is not overpowering & works nicely with the horseradish. I think the key here is the fresh grated horseradish (cream style is really not the best, & you can buy it 'freshly' grated in a jar) and the freshly grated ginger (same deal on that). I hope you like it, I think it's amazing!
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated horseradish (more of less to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons fresh grated gingerroot (more or less to taste)