Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Glory of Southern Cooking
Make and share this Cocktail Orange Pecans recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g butter
- 44.37 ml orange liqueur (Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 14.79 ml finely grated orange rind
- 680.38 g pecan halves
- 14.79 ml salt
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat; add in liqueur and orange zest; stir until blended.
- Remove the pan from heat, add in the pecans, and toss to coat well.
- Spread the nuts evenly on a large baking sheet and toast in the oven, uncovered, until golden brown, about 30 minutes, tossing the nuts from time to time.
- Drain on paper towels, sprinkle salt on top; let cool completely, and serve in crystal bowls with cocktails.
Fabulous!! These are really great with a hint of orange and Grand Marnier!! I cut this recipe in half and used half butter, half light olive oil. Love these!! I have a great snack and I also used them in Waldorf Salad, Georgia Style. Thanks!