From an online post for Passover by Manischewitz. You can make it without Passover ingredients too year round. I haven't made this yet but wanted to share it. This can also be served as a main dish for about 4 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup matzo meal, crumbs called Italian Herb coating crumbs, Manischewitz makes it for Passover
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cake crumbs
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron thread, crumbled
- parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 1In a medium bowl, combine beef, crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup water until mixture is well blended.
- 2Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- 3In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 2 tablespoons of hot oil, cook half the meatballs at a time until browned on all sides, turning constantly.
- 4Remove to bowl.
- 5Repeat with remaining meatballs and oil.
- 6Into the drippings remaining in the skillet, stir chicken broth and saffron.
- 7Return meatballs and their juices to skillet.
- 8Cook over high heat until boiling.
- 9Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until meatballs are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 10Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocktail Meatballs in Saffron Sauce (Passover)
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.4
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 608.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: