I have been searching for a cocktail meatball recipe that did not have the chili/grape-jelly sauce or the Swedish style sauce. I could not find one and experimented with a garlic butter sauce instead. They came out exactly how I wanted and tasted great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (or basil and oregano)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon regular salt)
- 1 extra large egg (or 2 smaller)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 minced garlic clove (more or less to your liking)
- 2 tablespoons flour (1 tablespoon for thinner sauce)
- 1 cup chicken broth (I use College Inn)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Mix first six ingredients and form into cocktail size meatballs.
- 3Place on Jelly Roll style pan with lip (nonstick if you have it).
- 4Bake meatballs in oven for 15-20 minutes until done.
- 5Melt butter in saucepan.
- 6Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- 7Stir in flour.
- 8Stir in chicken broth and cook until thickened.
- 9Combine meatballs and sauce.
- 10Keep warm in crockpot if serving for party.
- 11Notes: You can adjust the garlic, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and spices to your liking.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocktail Meatballs in Garlic Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.6
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 119.9 mg
- Sodium 729.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: