Recipe by Mishel
I have been searching for a cocktail meatball recipe that did not have the chili/grape-jelly sauce or the Swedish style sauce. I could not find one and experimented with a garlic butter sauce instead. They came out exactly how I wanted and tasted great.
Top Review by Shannon C.
Soooo Good on this chilly afternoon. My meatballs were already made so i added the spices and parm to the garlic butter rue and homemade stock. Even my pickiest eater couldnt get enough. Fresh chibatta soaked up the extra sauce. Thank You so much for sharing this recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (or basil and oregano)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon regular salt)
- 1 extra large egg (or 2 smaller)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 minced garlic clove (more or less to your liking)
- 2 tablespoons flour (1 tablespoon for thinner sauce)
- 1 cup chicken broth (I use College Inn)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix first six ingredients and form into cocktail size meatballs.
- Place on Jelly Roll style pan with lip (nonstick if you have it).
- Bake meatballs in oven for 15-20 minutes until done.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir in chicken broth and cook until thickened.
- Combine meatballs and sauce.
- Keep warm in crockpot if serving for party.
- Notes: You can adjust the garlic, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and spices to your liking.