Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have been searching for a cocktail meatball recipe that did not have the chili/grape-jelly sauce or the Swedish style sauce. I could not find one and experimented with a garlic butter sauce instead. They came out exactly how I wanted and tasted great.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (or basil and oregano)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon regular salt)
- 1 extra large egg (or 2 smaller)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 minced garlic clove (more or less to your liking)
- 2 tablespoons flour (1 tablespoon for thinner sauce)
- 1 cup chicken broth (I use College Inn)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix first six ingredients and form into cocktail size meatballs.
- Place on Jelly Roll style pan with lip (nonstick if you have it).
- Bake meatballs in oven for 15-20 minutes until done.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir in chicken broth and cook until thickened.
- Combine meatballs and sauce.
- Keep warm in crockpot if serving for party.
- Notes: You can adjust the garlic, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and spices to your liking.
These were very good! Since I made this for a church potluck, I added 1/2 lb. of ground pork to get some extra meatballs out of this recipe and it turned out good. I kept all the amt's of the other ingredients the same. Thanks for posting!
These were a hit with my nieces little boy, and trust me...he is NOT easy to please. LOL Easy & economical for football watching or any gathering of people. Thanks for the tasty recipe Mishel! :) OzMan