Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Although I modify this recipe a bit when I make it, this is exactly how my mom made these meatballs for years. Nobody can beat the taste of hers...
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- Mix together bread crumbs, salt, Accent, milk and minced onion.
- Form into tiny meatballs.
- Roll in flour and brown in margarine/butter.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over meat.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring several times until meatballs are glazed.
I made the meatballs during my Once a Month Cooking Blitz, and just defrosted them today. I warmed up the sauce and tossed to coat the meatballs. I found the sauce a bit too much vinegar for my liking.