Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Not the typical meatball, these have a little crunch to them and can be made ahead of time then drop into a slow cooker and forget it. Great for holiday parties
- 2 lbs ground beef, lean
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, medium sized minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (16 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped fine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, fine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- mix all ingredients together except tomato sauce. form into small balls, refridgerate overnight.
- next day you can place in a crockpot on low for several hours or place in a large pot and cook for 1 hour.