Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These make delicious appetizers!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 0.59 ml pepper
- salt, to taste
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml Crisco
- 340.19 g bottle chili sauce
- 283.49 g jar grape jelly (cut down to make less sweet)
- 44.37 ml soy sauce (you may want more or less depending on taste)
- 44.37 ml hoisin sauce (or to taste)
- Mix together meatball ingredients and lightly shape meatballs into 1" rounds. Brown in 1/4 cup Crisco (they don't have to cook through).
- Drain meatballs on paper towels.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a large skillet or dutch oven.
- Add the meatballs (can be frozen at this point) and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve in a chafing dish.
- Makes 30 balls.
We love these meatballs!!! I made these for snacking during the football games today!! I used a little bit less of the grape jelly and the hoisin sauce. It worked out perfectly for our tastes!! I already had a batch of my meatball mixture in the freezer, so that made these so quick and easy to make today. Thanks for sharing Lainey. Made for potluck tag.