Recipe by Lainey6605
These make delicious appetizers!
Top Review by Luscious_Curves_Cook
I followed the recipe to the letter and it was perfect. Its a very simple recipe and doesn't take a lot of effort. It tasted just like the cocktail meatballs my grandmother use to make. (We lost her recipe. ) The meatballs where the first thing to go at the party, everyone loved them.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 0.59 ml pepper
- salt, to taste
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml Crisco
- 340.19 g bottle chili sauce
- 283.49 g jar grape jelly (cut down to make less sweet)
- 44.37 ml soy sauce (you may want more or less depending on taste)
- 44.37 ml hoisin sauce (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together meatball ingredients and lightly shape meatballs into 1" rounds. Brown in 1/4 cup Crisco (they don't have to cook through).
- Drain meatballs on paper towels.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a large skillet or dutch oven.
- Add the meatballs (can be frozen at this point) and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve in a chafing dish.
- Makes 30 balls.