Recipe by Lainey39
These make delicious appetizers!
Top Review by Luscious_Curves_Cook
I followed the recipe to the letter and it was perfect. Its a very simple recipe and doesn't take a lot of effort. It tasted just like the cocktail meatballs my grandmother use to make. (We lost her recipe. ) The meatballs where the first thing to go at the party, everyone loved them.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) jar grape jelly (cut down to make less sweet)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (you may want more or less depending on taste)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together meatball ingredients and lightly shape meatballs into 1" rounds. Brown in 1/4 cup Crisco (they don't have to cook through).
- Drain meatballs on paper towels.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a large skillet or dutch oven.
- Add the meatballs (can be frozen at this point) and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve in a chafing dish.
- Makes 30 balls.