Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tired of paying for frozen meatballs to throw into a crockpot for a get together? So was I when I got to the grocery store and the cheap frozen meatballs were sold out...The only ones left were almost $10.00 a bag for about 40 meatballs! I thought to myself " I could make these.."....So here is my recipe which yields about 106 meatballs for much less and a much better taste.The sauce I use is the standard grape jelly/ chile sauce recipe. I think it is a perfect compliment. These are a great 'make ahead' item as they freeze well and you can make as many as you need for the holidays... Enjoy! (This recipe is designed to be easy to cut in half or make more....I always make more and freeze for when they are needed!)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup rye breadcrumbs (about 2 slices of rye bread in the food processor)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 5 garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 tablespoons crushed parsley
- Beat the eggs and milk. Set aside.
- Combine ground beef, minced garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Mix Meat and seasonings well.
- Add bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Add eggs and milk. Mix well.
- Add 2 Tbls Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Form 1 inch meatballs and fry in 1 tbls olive oil over even heat.
- Fry until all sides are browned.
- If frying is not desired bake on cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, turn balls and bake for another 10 minutes.
- When meatballs are cooked through place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet and freeze -- When frozen place in individual bags -- label with amount and save for later use.
- To Use Immediately:.
- Place in crockpot with sauce and cook for 30-40 minutes on low.