Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice appetizer, easy and a bit different.
- 2 -3 slices bread
- milk, enough milk to cover bread
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion
- 2 lbs hamburger meat
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle grape apple jelly
- Soak bread in milk until mushy, and then squeeze out most of the milk.
- Blend eggs and onion in blender until finely mashed. Mix all ingredients together. Form small balls.
- Combine chili sauce and apple-grape jelly in a sauce pan and heat over low flame. Add meatballs to sauce and cook together 20 minutes.
Oh my, did these ever turn out good. I had the neighbors over for happy hour and decided this would be quick and easy. The meatballs were very tender, moist and flavorful and we LOVED the sauce!!! This is a keeper and I'll be making it many times over. In fact, I plan on making a batch of the meatballs and freeze. Then all I have to do is heat them up in the sauce. Thanks for sharing, Lalaloob.