Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
After cooking, let them refrigerate overnight- the flavor is better.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) jar grape jelly
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, and next 4 ingredients.
- Gently shape into 1 inch balls.
- Melt shortening in large skillet, brown meatballs.
- Remove meatballs, pour off fat.
- Heat chili sauce and jelly in skillet, stirring constantly until jelly is melted.
- Add meatballs and stir until thoroughly heated.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate overnight.