Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These little jewels are my loves! They are good for picnic baskets, we like them for breakfast with scrambled eggs and bacon. May be prepared in larger muffin tins to serve with soup or salad (adjust bake time)
- 1 cup butter
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In bowl melt butter in microwave. Remove and add cheese. Stir well and let cool 2 minutes. Add chives (fresh chives really make a difference here) and sour cream, stirring after each addition. Add flour, blending thoroughly.
- Fill ungreased small-size muffin tins almost full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Garlic Variation:.
- Add the following ingredients to the above ingredients for a garlic cheese muffin.
- Cayenne pepper to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.