Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
These savory cheese-tidbits make great finger food for an appetizer buffet. From Southern Living Ultimate Book of Appetizers
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 473.18 ml self-rising flour
- 226.79 g container nonfat sour cream
- 29.58 ml frozen chopped chives
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add Cheddar cheese, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in flour, sour cream, and chives.
- Spoon batter into ungreased miniature (1 3/4-inch) muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake in 375 degree F oven for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pans immediately.
- Yield: 4 dozen muffins.
Yum! So easy. Chives being mostly unavailable here (I can sometimes find them, but it takes some work), I used 3 spring onions in their entirety - both white and green. Made for nibbles with 10 people over watching the Greece-Argentina game (we lost) in the World Cup. Every one liked these a lot. Thanks.
VERY TASTY! So tasty that I had to get up and move the basket away so I'd stop eating them! :) I melted the butter and cheese in a non-stick fry pan on the lowest heat because I was afraid it would stick in a regular pan ~ I didn't really cook it though! I then dumped the mixture into my mixer bowl, added the other ingredients, and stirred everything on the lowest speed, just til mixed ~ I used full fat sour cream because that is what I had on hand and I used dried chives. The little muffins came out of the pan easily ~ Made for CHIVES Herb/Spice for May in the French Forum! Next time, I'll add 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans ~
These turned out much better than I thought they would. The batter didn't mix very easily so I thought there may be problems there. I used zaar's sub for self-raising flour as I rarely buy it. I didn't have frozen chopped chives so used dried ones. I wanted to speed up the baking process a little (didn't notice that the recipe made 48 muffins before I started making them lol) so I made some regular sized muffins, baking them for an extra 6 minutes. However, the mini ones were much easier to remove from an ungreased pan than the larger ones.