Recipe by FloridaNative
These savory cheese-tidbits make great finger food for an appetizer buffet. From Southern Living Ultimate Book of Appetizers
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Yum! So easy. Chives being mostly unavailable here (I can sometimes find them, but it takes some work), I used 3 spring onions in their entirety - both white and green. Made for nibbles with 10 people over watching the Greece-Argentina game (we lost) in the World Cup. Every one liked these a lot. Thanks.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 (8 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons frozen chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add Cheddar cheese, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in flour, sour cream, and chives.
- Spoon batter into ungreased miniature (1 3/4-inch) muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake in 375 degree F oven for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pans immediately.
- Yield: 4 dozen muffins.