Recipe by Dienia B.
It is really a chicken breast guys; just thought the name was cute. Danish, very simple, served with white rice. Zaar tour 6. i just made this in crockpot and will tell how i did versus old recipe .i really liked this and its pretty . i used bone in chicken breasts but this calls for frozen breasts
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 400 g chicken breasts or 4 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, minced fine, i sauted in strips
- 400 g carrots, sliced in thin disks
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 100 g water (but in crockpot i used about 2 cups) or 1 cup water (but in crockpot i used about 2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut lemon in half.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add chicken; brown.(i skipped this step and just put chicken in crockpot and cooked until almost done then added carrots that i put through food processor).
- Add onion; saute.(this i did at end of cooking sauted onions and then put aside add sugar scoop out carrots add to pan add the lemon juice now cook down a minute or so plate the breast put carrots around top with oniond ,squeeze juice over ).
- Take out chicken.
- Add carrots; saute with sugar.
- Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Add chicken back to pan.
- Add water; poach with the lemon peel.
- Cook until chicken and carrots done.
- Arrange carrots in a circle.
- Put chicken on top of carrots.
- Squeeze 2nd half of lemon over top.