Recipe by tummy*yummies
Mum made these all the time when we were little. Very easy to make and taste great.
- 125 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 125 g caster sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cornflour
- vanilla essence
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add vanilla to taste. Beat in the eggs, then fold in the sifted flours alternately with the milk.
- Place small teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto buttered trays.
- Bake at 180C for 6-10 minutes.
- When cold, join cockles together in pairs with raspberry jam and dust with icing sugar.
- NB Yield is an estimate not an approximate.