Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mum made these all the time when we were little. Very easy to make and taste great.
Make and share this Cockle Biscuits (Cookies) recipe from Food.com.
- 125 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 125 g caster sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cornflour
- vanilla essence
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add vanilla to taste. Beat in the eggs, then fold in the sifted flours alternately with the milk.
- Place small teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto buttered trays.
- Bake at 180C for 6-10 minutes.
- When cold, join cockles together in pairs with raspberry jam and dust with icing sugar.
- NB Yield is an estimate not an approximate.