Recipe by Tiggrr
This is an old recipe that I made in our Home Studies class in school. It has the strangest ingredients but is a quick and easy chocolate fudge snack cake. The kids will love it and so will you.
Top Review by cookingpompom
I got this recipe from a friend a few years ago. She was allergic to eggs. A great recipe when you don't have a single egg in the house, but you need something for lunch boxes or a morning tea. Thanks for posting! I should mention these make great cupcakes and cook in 15-18 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour in sifter (ok its an old recipe so I know most of us don't own one any more. Any bowl will do or I just place right in pan) Add cocoa, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Sift into greased 9x9x2" pan.
- Make 3 holes in the mixture.
- Pour oil in one, vinegar in the next and vanilla in the last.
- Pour cold water over all.
- Beat until nearly smooth and no flour shows.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.