Recipe by Wise1
Pronounce it coo-shawn. This is an easy way to use up some left over pork roast. It will work just as well with left over chicken. Either way you'll be glad you tried this one.
Top Review by NoSpringChicken
Some great friends in Lafayette, LA are responible for our love of Cajun food. This recipe is so good and was wonderful to serve for dinner on a cold, snowy evening here in Colorado. The change I made was to use fresh pork cubes and it seemed to work great. Thanks for a "keeper."
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups pork roast, cut bite size
- 1 cup water
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a heavy sauce pot.
- Add flour, cook stirring constantly until the color of copper.
- Stir in onions and bell pepper, cook until tender.
- Add roast, water, Ro-Tel, crushed tomatoes, cayenne,salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on medium-low heat for 1 hour.
- Serve over cooked rice.