Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
When wanting a coffee treat that would be diabetic friendly and quick this is what I made. I enjoyed it. For ZWT, this is Canadian.
- 1 cup brewed coffee, hot and fresh
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk (or whole milk)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (or to taste)
- Add the milk to a 2 cup glass measuring cup.
- Stir in the cocoa.
- If using sugar stir that in at this time.
- Place in the microwave and heat while stirring every 30 seconds until steaming and beginning to bubble, cocoa should be well incorporated.
- Remove from microwave.
- Add the hot coffee.
- If using Splenda add it now.
- Add the run extract and stir to mix well.
- Top with whipped cream if desired and serve.
Another coffee winner from Annacia! Loved the chocolate and rum combo, without having to use rum. I used a dark cocoa powder and Splenda. Used my microwave milk frother to "whip" up the milk for a little foam on the top. Will try Toni's iced version soon!
Anything that helps me get a serving of dairy and enjoy it is 5-stars all the way. My version, with the posting chef's permission, was iced and delicious. Loved the light rum taste from the extract combined with the creamy chocolate flavor. To incorporate the cocoa, I whisked the powder together with 2 tablespoons of milk to form a thin paste/slurry then added the rest of the milk. Mine had the 1 1/2 tablespoons but I would suggest a little less in the cold version. Thanks!