Recipe by Annacia
When wanting a coffee treat that would be diabetic friendly and quick this is what I made. I enjoyed it. For ZWT, this is Canadian.
Top Review by Outta Here
Another coffee winner from Annacia! Loved the chocolate and rum combo, without having to use rum. I used a dark cocoa powder and Splenda. Used my microwave milk frother to "whip" up the milk for a little foam on the top. Will try Toni's iced version soon!
- 1 cup brewed coffee, hot and fresh
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk (or whole milk)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the milk to a 2 cup glass measuring cup.
- Stir in the cocoa.
- If using sugar stir that in at this time.
- Place in the microwave and heat while stirring every 30 seconds until steaming and beginning to bubble, cocoa should be well incorporated.
- Remove from microwave.
- Add the hot coffee.
- If using Splenda add it now.
- Add the run extract and stir to mix well.
- Top with whipped cream if desired and serve.