Recipe by canarygirl
Typical Spanish Easter cake. Translated from www.Don Quijote.org. Posted in response to a request.
- 1⁄2 lb sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 lb flour
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (about)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400º.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, egg yolks, milk and lemon zest.
- Beat until creamy.
- Combine flour and baking powder, and add to egg mixture, a little at a time.
- Add oil and stir to combine.
- Grease and flour a spring form pan.
- Pour batter into pan and top with pine nuts.
- Bake at 400º for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and remove outer ring.