Recipe by graniteangel
These are easy and delicious. The Coca Cola makes even the toughest steaks moist and tender. Sweet and a little spice.
Top Review by Denise in da Kitchen
I followed the directions exactly and after marinating these for about 3 hours, they were very tender. However, I don't know if it was my creole seasoning or not, but they didn't really have that much taste. I even used more garlic than called for, but they really didn't have that extra zing I was expecting. They are very easy, and I think with more seasoning they would be very good.
- 2 lbs beef sirloin steaks
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Coca-Cola, classic
- bamboo kabob stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steaks into 1 inch thick long strips. Place steaks in bowl or in baking dish. Sprinkle the creole seasoning and the garlic over meat. Pour coca cola over seasoned meat and lightly toss meat in the coca cola mixture.
- Marinate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Soak your kabob sticks in warm water for at least 15 minutes before skewering your meat on the sticks.
- Place Kabobs onto the BBQ and cook about 4 minutes on each side. If you must have them well done you'll want to give them a few more minutes.
- As a single dinner dish you'll want to serve these with a simple plain white rice or a seasoned rice. I prefer to skewer and grill my favorite fresh veggies to accompany this.