Recipe by Diamond Girl
Took a look at some recipes and created my own based on my tastes. I added the Coke 'cause I heard of the idea once at a carniceria here in Tucson. First time I've tried it! :)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I pretty much followed the recipe, I did substitute a bit of green chilies for the jalapeno! Used the marinade on some steak, then cut it into bite-size pieces to include on my finger food counter for a group I hosted! A great recipe for just that! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 2 1⁄2 cups Coca-Cola
- 2 limes, juice of, with zest
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, Chopped
- 1⁄3 cup yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, Chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- I mix all of my ingredients in a bowl and pour over the meat in a shallow dish. (You can also combine the ingredients in a large resealable bag.).
- Refrigerate overnight, turning meat occasionally.
- Grill it up! (or give it to your awesome husband to grill lol).