Recipe by The Range Rover
A different way to make a meal the kids will like.
Top Review by SouthernFriedMama
My kids loved it! I used the last of a 2 liter of coke we had that was about to go flat. I also served with some hot peppers for the adults to cut some of the sweetness I read in one of the reviews, but it was honestly good either way. Great recipe Range Rover :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup thick tomato-based barbecue sauce
- 6 toasted hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef with the onions until onion is soft and meat is no longer pink (about 5-10 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in cola and barbecue sauce and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened to desired consistency (another 10-15 minutes).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve on buns.