Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A different way to make a meal the kids will like.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup thick tomato-based barbecue sauce
- 6 toasted hamburger buns
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef with the onions until onion is soft and meat is no longer pink (about 5-10 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in cola and barbecue sauce and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened to desired consistency (another 10-15 minutes).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve on buns.
My kids loved it! I used the last of a 2 liter of coke we had that was about to go flat. I also served with some hot peppers for the adults to cut some of the sweetness I read in one of the reviews, but it was honestly good either way. Great recipe Range Rover :)
Made this recipe tonight, it was quick and easy, and best of all i didn't have to run out and buy a bunch of ingredients, i had everything on hand. Well almost everything, we didn't have any Coke, so i substituted Dr. Pepper instead. It seemed fine. Great recipe, i'll probably never buy Manwich again!!!!
I made this last week and it is very good but it is also very sweet. This is also very quick and easy, and uses ingredients that you probably have on hand.