Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A great sauce for grilled pork and chicken.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 can Coca-Cola Classic
- 1 -2 minced jalapeno (optional)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat and saute the onion until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients-watch the coke-it will foam!
- -mixwell, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, stirring frequently-watch it or it will burn-and simmer until thick, around 1 1/2 hours.
- That's it-great on pork and chicken.
This is my second attempt at Coca-cola sauce this week. This was good, not to sweet as Kate said, but a little hot for the two boys at home. Maybe my batch of chilli powder is to blame, so I will reduce the amount I use to about 1/2 teaspoon next time.
I used this sauce on ribs and it was very good-not as sweet as you might expect. It's a keeper.