Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
In ‘Come Home to Supper’ by Christy Jordan
- 1 (3 1/2-5 lb) chuck roast
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coca-Cola
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (if using oven).
- Place the roast in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker or Dutch oven and add the carrots and potatoes.
- Pour the soup and Coke over all.
- If using a slow cooker, cover and seal the pot and cook the roast until tender, 8 hours on LOW, 4 hours on HIGH.
- If using a Dutch oven, cover the pot and bake until the roast is tender, 2 ½ hours.
- To serve, place the roast and veggies on a serving platter, slice, and serve with the gravy alongside.