1/3 Photos of Coca-Cola Ribs
3 hrs 20 mins
This is a peppery Southwestern-inspired spice rub and with a sweet and tangy glaze. Recipe is from Woman's World.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper or 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 lbs pork spareribs (about 2 slabs)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- lime wedge (optional)
- 1Prepare grill for indirect-heat cooking.
- 2Combine cumin, salt, chile pepper and onion powder.
- 3Rub ribs with 2 T lime juice.
- 4Reserve 1 t spice mixture; sprinkle remaining mixture over ribs.
- 5Place ribs, meaty side down, on grill over indirect heat.
- 6Cover, cook 15 minutes.
- 7Turn ribs, cover and cook until tender, about 2 hours.
- 8Meanwhile, in pot, combine soda, ketchup, zest, remaining 2 T lime juice and reserved 1 t spice mixture.
- 9Over medium-high heat, bring mixture to boil.
- 10Stir; over low heat, cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 cup, about 40 minutes.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Brush ribs with half of soda mixture; cook 15 minutes.
- 13Turn ribs, brush with remaining mixture.
- 14Cook until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- 15Let ribs stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 16If desired, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coca-Cola Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1041.2
- Calories from Fat 725
- Total Fat 80.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 265.3 mg
- Sodium 1033.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 58.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: