Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a peppery Southwestern-inspired spice rub and with a sweet and tangy glaze. Recipe is from Woman's World.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper or 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 lbs pork spareribs (about 2 slabs)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- lime wedge (optional)
- Prepare grill for indirect-heat cooking.
- Combine cumin, salt, chile pepper and onion powder.
- Rub ribs with 2 T lime juice.
- Reserve 1 t spice mixture; sprinkle remaining mixture over ribs.
- Place ribs, meaty side down, on grill over indirect heat.
- Cover, cook 15 minutes.
- Turn ribs, cover and cook until tender, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in pot, combine soda, ketchup, zest, remaining 2 T lime juice and reserved 1 t spice mixture.
- Over medium-high heat, bring mixture to boil.
- Stir; over low heat, cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 cup, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Brush ribs with half of soda mixture; cook 15 minutes.
- Turn ribs, brush with remaining mixture.
- Cook until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Let ribs stand 10 minutes before serving.
- If desired, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
These were great, a little sweetness. I did overcook the a bit, but still delicious. Will make again.