1/4 Photos of Coca-Cola Pork Roast
8 hrs 5 mins
There are lots of cola/meat recipes on this site, this one is a little different. I found this in a crockpot cookbook that my folks gave me for Christmas. I tweaked it a bit, but still--great stuff!
My Private Note
roast w ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs roast (I used boneless pork shoulder tonight)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup Coca-Cola Classic (caffeine-free will do in a pinch, but diet is horrible!)
- salt and pepper
- 1Rub the roast with salt and pepper then place it in the crockpot.
- 2Add soup mix and coke.
- 3Cook on low 8 hours or high for 4.
- 4Before serving dump liquid from crockpot into a pot.
- 5Skim fat.
- 6To the remaining juices add salt and pepper to taste and a dash of Kitchen Bouquet.
- 7Bring mixture to a boil.
- 8Remove a cup of the liquid and add corn starch to thicken.
- 9Add corn starch mixture to the rest of the juices.
- 10Cook until it reaches desired consistency.
- 11WONDERFUL GRAVY!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coca-Cola Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (1642 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3669.1
- Calories from Fat 2413
- Total Fat 268.1 g
- Saturated Fat 107.8 g
- Cholesterol 940.7 mg
- Sodium 3680.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 253.0 g