There are lots of cola/meat recipes on this site, this one is a little different. I found this in a crockpot cookbook that my folks gave me for Christmas. I tweaked it a bit, but still--great stuff!
- 3 -4 lbs roast (I used boneless pork shoulder tonight)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup Coca-Cola Classic (caffeine-free will do in a pinch, but diet is horrible!)
- salt and pepper
- Rub the roast with salt and pepper then place it in the crockpot.
- Add soup mix and coke.
- Cook on low 8 hours or high for 4.
- Before serving dump liquid from crockpot into a pot.
- Skim fat.
- To the remaining juices add salt and pepper to taste and a dash of Kitchen Bouquet.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove a cup of the liquid and add corn starch to thicken.
- Add corn starch mixture to the rest of the juices.
- Cook until it reaches desired consistency.
- WONDERFUL GRAVY!