Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
There are lots of cola/meat recipes on this site, this one is a little different. I found this in a crockpot cookbook that my folks gave me for Christmas. I tweaked it a bit, but still--great stuff!
- 3 -4 lbs roast (I used boneless pork shoulder tonight)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup Coca-Cola Classic (caffeine-free will do in a pinch, but diet is horrible!)
- salt and pepper
- Rub the roast with salt and pepper then place it in the crockpot.
- Add soup mix and coke.
- Cook on low 8 hours or high for 4.
- Before serving dump liquid from crockpot into a pot.
- Skim fat.
- To the remaining juices add salt and pepper to taste and a dash of Kitchen Bouquet.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove a cup of the liquid and add corn starch to thicken.
- Add corn starch mixture to the rest of the juices.
- Cook until it reaches desired consistency.
- WONDERFUL GRAVY!
Two of my boys couldnt get enough of this roast. Very quick prep with good results. I didn't try the gravy this time since I made baked potatoes, but will next time. Thank you!
This was great! I decided to chop up some onions and add to the slow cooker as one reviewer suggested. I also substituted the onion mix for beefy onion mix (all that I had on hand). After 8 hours, I took the roast out and added the corn starch to the sauce (I did not add the Kitchen Bouquet). I shredded the pork and added it back to the pot to marinate for another 30 minutes. Served this "burrito" style in some warm tortillas and rice. YUMMY!!!
This was the easiest and best pork roast I have ever had. My family just loved it. When I told my 10 year old that the sauce was Coke she was shocked. I have to go now and e-mail it to my sister. Thank you!