Recipe by BLUE ROSE
This is basically a funnel cake recipe but with a twist by adding coca cola.
Top Review by Debbie B.
I actually used cream soda in this recipe. It gives it a rich vanilla flavor. My only issue is the funnel cake is very soft and does not have a crunchy texture. I used an old plastic ketsup bottle so the batter streams were very thin. My oil was fresh and very hot. I drained it well on a bakery rack over paper towel. The flavor was grest, just a bit of a texture issue.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups Coca-Cola
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1 cup coca cola syrup
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Mix in eggs and Coca Cola and stir until a smooth batter forms.
- Preheat oil in a skillet or deep fryer.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into a funnel or turkey baster and in a circular motion pour batter into the hot oil.
- Fry up for about a minute on each side and drain on paper towels.
- Serve while still warm and top with Coca Cola syrup, whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.