Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is basically a funnel cake recipe but with a twist by adding coca cola.
Make and share this Coca Cola Funnel Cake recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Mix in eggs and Coca Cola and stir until a smooth batter forms.
- Preheat oil in a skillet or deep fryer.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into a funnel or turkey baster and in a circular motion pour batter into the hot oil.
- Fry up for about a minute on each side and drain on paper towels.
- Serve while still warm and top with Coca Cola syrup, whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
I actually used cream soda in this recipe. It gives it a rich vanilla flavor. My only issue is the funnel cake is very soft and does not have a crunchy texture. I used an old plastic ketsup bottle so the batter streams were very thin. My oil was fresh and very hot. I drained it well on a bakery rack over paper towel. The flavor was grest, just a bit of a texture issue.
The taste of the finished cake was surprisingly good, I was looking for a funnel cake recipe with no milk and this is one of the only ones. I cut the recipe in half, used pepsi and skipped out on the topping and just used powdered sugar. I don't know if it was the recipes fault or my boyfriends, either from over mixing or not pouring properly but some parts ended up thick, "doughy" and gross, but the parts that stayed thin, resembled what funnel cake should and cooked through were excellent so I'm assuming its not the recipes fault. I will make again myself eventually, so if the problem was just user error ill update :)