Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've had this recipe for probably 30 years. It's been awhile since I made it but it's nice and moist, wonderful flavor. Several already on this site but none with these exact ingredients. The icing is a bit thin if you follow directions, it's more like a glaze, so I think it needs maybe another cup of powdered sugar.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons cocoa or 1 melted baking chocolate square
- 1 cup Coke
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups small marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 tablespoons Coke
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- Sift flour and sugar together.
- Combine the margarine, shortening, cocoa and cola in saucepan and bring to boil. Add the chocolate mixture to sugar-flour mixture. Add buttermilk, soda, vanilla and beaten eggs.
- Beat well, fold in marshmallows.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes in a 13 x 9 pan.
- Ice with the chocolate icing.
This was just awesome! Really moist and delicious!