Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
An unusual ingredient but a nice result. Easy to prepare anytime.
- 8 -12 chicken thighs, skin removed if desired (or other pieces to serve 4)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coca-Cola (only Classic, not diet)
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a frying pan.
- Bring to a boil until it foams
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 30-40 minutes
- Turn chicken a couple of times (Looks awful initially but will look like Teriyaki when done)
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds if desired and serve over rice.
I was alittle too sweet and it had a bad taste to it.
I loved this recipe and so did my family. Although when it was first cooking they were a little dubious. This recipe does not look nice in the beginning. Hang in there it will turn into the most delicious sauce by the end. I used skinless chicken breasts in mine and added a little fresh garlic to the sauce. Wonderful, easy and fast....Highly recommended