1/1 Photo of Coca Cola Cake With Broiled Peanut Butter Frosting
This cake is moist and delicious. It's okay to substitute another cola such as Pepsi for the coke, but under no circumstances should diet versions of the drink be used.
My Private Note
sheet c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup Coca-Cola (with fizz)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1To make the cake: preheat the oven to 350*F Grease and flour a 9 X 13 X 10 inch sheet cake pan.
- 2Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine the butter, cocoa and Coke, and pour over the flour and sugar mixture.
- 4Stir until well blended.
- 5Add the buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Stir in the marshmallows.
- 8Pour into the prepared pan, and bake for 40 minutes.
- 9Remove the cake from the oven and frost while still barely warm.
- 10To make the frosting: in a bowl cream the butter, sugar and peanut butter.
- 11Beat in the milk.
- 12Fold in the peanuts.
- 13Spread over the cake.
- 14Place the frosted cake under the broiler about 4 inches from the heat source.
- 15Broil just a few seconds, or until topping starts to bubble.
- 16WATCH COMSTANTLY, being careful not to scorch the frosting.
- 17Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coca Cola Cake With Broiled Peanut Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (2075 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7693.6
- Calories from Fat 3643
- Total Fat 404.8 g
- Saturated Fat 191.6 g
- Cholesterol 1056.6 mg
- Sodium 4738.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 956.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.0 g
- Sugars 705.4 g
- Protein 119.3 g