Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake is moist and delicious. It's okay to substitute another cola such as Pepsi for the coke, but under no circumstances should diet versions of the drink be used.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup Coca-Cola (with fizz)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup chopped peanuts
- To make the cake: preheat the oven to 350*F Grease and flour a 9 X 13 X 10 inch sheet cake pan.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, cocoa and Coke, and pour over the flour and sugar mixture.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the marshmallows.
- Pour into the prepared pan, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and frost while still barely warm.
- To make the frosting: in a bowl cream the butter, sugar and peanut butter.
- Beat in the milk.
- Fold in the peanuts.
- Spread over the cake.
- Place the frosted cake under the broiler about 4 inches from the heat source.
- Broil just a few seconds, or until topping starts to bubble.
- WATCH COMSTANTLY, being careful not to scorch the frosting.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
Hi MarieAlice, I really enjoyed your cake recipe. I changed a couple of things, I used 1 cup of white sugar, and 1 cup of brown sugar. I also added 1/3 cup of cocoa, instead of the 2 tablespoons. Delicious cake! Took it to a family gathering at the lake, and it was devoured! Thanks! Hazeleyes
This is the best cake! It is my hubby's favorite and the kids love it too. I took one to work (the picture here) and it was gone within an hour. It is not a "pretty" cake, but looks are deceiving! I have substituted marshmallow fluff for the mini marshmallows when I don't have any on hand and it still turns out great!
Great cake! The frosting is delish! I took Hazeleyes' advice and used 1/3 c. cocoa. I also omitted the marshmallows. This received rave reviews from all who tried. Thanks!