Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This brisket is fantastic! So tender! I've been eating or making it for 30 years and is a family favorite. It freezes well and makes awesome hot sandwiches if leftover.
- Season brisket with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix ketchup, Worcestershire Sauce, and Kitchen Bouquet and spread over beef.
- Place in covered roaster and cover with onion slices, then coca-cola.
- Cover and roast at 350°F until almost done, about 3 hours.
- Remove meat and slice.
- Thicken gravy with cornstarch (about 2 tbs in 1/4 cup cold water) and adjust seasonings.
- Return meat to gravy and continue cooking 1 hour.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
- This can also be prepared using a crockpot. Use same ingredients and cook according to your crockpot manufacturers directions for roasting meat.
The flavor of this brisket was good. I also had an 8 lb. brisket so i doubled the recipe and used 24 oz. of coca-cola like Susie in Texas b/c recipe did not specify how much to use. The brisket and the sauce was very good. For the sauce i poured all the liquid from the brisket through a strainer into a bowl. Than i put the bowl in the freezer till the fat solidified on the top, skimmed it off than thickened it. Overall a good brisket but not quite what i was expecting. Glad i tried it Thank you Candy C =)
Candy, this is an excellent brisket recipe. I had an 8 lb. brisket, so I doubled the amounts of ketchup and kitchen bouquet (love that stuff--use it all the time). I used 2 T. worchestershire also. Because the brisket was so big, I put it in my 18 qt. electric roaster oven and then poured two 12 oz cans of coke over it. Cooked it at 325° for 4 hours and it was perfectly tender and delicious.