Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love the sauce used on these BBQ'ed ribs, as does everyone that has tried them. I use the Country Style Pork Ribs and I prefer cooking them on the grill using indirect heat for hours, but I have used the oven as well. I mop the sauce on often and generously. I serve the sauce on-the-side as well. Recipe Origin - Jim Budros
- 236.59 ml Coca-Cola
- 118.29 ml A.1. Original Sauce
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml liquid smoke
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a heavy, non-reactive saucepan and gradually bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat slightly to obtain a gentle simmer.
- Simmer the sauce until reduced by a quarter, 6-8 minutes.
- Use right away or transfer to a large jar, cover, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate.
It is good! I followed PaulaG's advice and use the Memphis Style Back Ribs cooking method and the Outback Steakhouse rub instead for my ribs (because I had a big batch of those) and it's great!
I am in love with this sauce! It is wonderful. I used the rub from my Memphis Style Baby Back Ribs to rub same country style pork ribs, smoked them and the last hour of cooking basted them with this sauce. Not having the A-1 sauce I used barbecue sauce from a bottle. It cooks up quickly and like I said wonderful!