Recipe by Pvt Amys Mom
This is an awesome Barbecue Sauce. The taste is "just perfect". A lot of the bottled sauces are too tangy, too strong, etc. This does not get super thick and it has more of a mild flavor. You can use it on anything but the author highly recommends it on Chicken, ribs and pork. The recipe is from Steven Raichlen, author of The "Barbecue Bible".
Top Review by Nicole McBride
I originally found this recipe on the Food Network and have been enjoying it for years. If you want a thicker sauce, it will thicken if simmered for 20 minutes or so. It also works great in the cockpot with ribs or chicken simmered all day. It's fantastic!!
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients in a heavy saucepan and gradually bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat slightly to obtain a gentle simmer.
- Simmer the sauce until reduced by 1/4, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a jar and let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- The sauce will keep for several months, refrigerated.