Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an awesome Barbecue Sauce. The taste is "just perfect". A lot of the bottled sauces are too tangy, too strong, etc. This does not get super thick and it has more of a mild flavor. You can use it on anything but the author highly recommends it on Chicken, ribs and pork. The recipe is from Steven Raichlen, author of The "Barbecue Bible".
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a heavy saucepan and gradually bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat slightly to obtain a gentle simmer.
- Simmer the sauce until reduced by 1/4, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a jar and let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- The sauce will keep for several months, refrigerated.
I originally found this recipe on the Food Network and have been enjoying it for years. If you want a thicker sauce, it will thicken if simmered for 20 minutes or so. It also works great in the cockpot with ribs or chicken simmered all day. It's fantastic!!