Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Slow baking, and the cola is the secret to this amazingly delicious banana bread.
Top Review by Ratalouille
These tasty little loaves are very delicious! I used mini loaf pans and some "teeny-tiny" loaf pans. I have never used chocolate chips in banana bread before and I had some trouble with them sinking to the bottom of the mini loaf pans, but they tasted great! I found that the loaves were perfectly done baking after about an hour, so I took them out of the oven. We love the taste of chocolate and bananas together! Thanks Kittencal!
- 2 cups ripe bananas
- 2 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup oil or 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease two 9 x 5-in loaf pans, or mini loaf pans.
- Puree the bananas; set aside.
- Mix together the sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift all dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips and nuts).
- Mix together, the dry ingredients with the sugar/oil mixture, adding the banana puree and the 1 cup cola.
- Add the chips and the nuts, if using.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Set pans on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 mins, or until cakes test done.