Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Slow baking, and the cola is the secret to this amazingly delicious banana bread.
- 2 cups ripe bananas
- 2 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup oil or 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease two 9 x 5-in loaf pans, or mini loaf pans.
- Puree the bananas; set aside.
- Mix together the sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift all dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips and nuts).
- Mix together, the dry ingredients with the sugar/oil mixture, adding the banana puree and the 1 cup cola.
- Add the chips and the nuts, if using.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Set pans on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 mins, or until cakes test done.
These tasty little loaves are very delicious! I used mini loaf pans and some "teeny-tiny" loaf pans. I have never used chocolate chips in banana bread before and I had some trouble with them sinking to the bottom of the mini loaf pans, but they tasted great! I found that the loaves were perfectly done baking after about an hour, so I took them out of the oven. We love the taste of chocolate and bananas together! Thanks Kittencal!
This is such a fantastic recipe for banana bread! I followed the directions exactly and it made 2 moist, delicious loaves. I made one loaf plain and one loaf with chocolate chips and they were both just delicious. Well written and easy to follow, this one is a keeper! Thanks for sharing another winning rcipe Kittencal!
I searched for this recipe because my mom makes it all the time... But the loaves turned out heavier than hers. She said when she adds the coke the batter puffs right up and mine didn't. I believe the missing ingredient is the baking soda. There's another recipe for the coca cola banana bread on this website which is identical to this one but the only difference is that the other recipe has baking soda and this one doesn't. Big disappointment.