Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Add a little extra "zing" to your baked beans with Coca-Cola. This recipe is from "The Glory of Southern Cooking" by James Villas.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans baked beans with pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion, sugar, ketchup, Coke, dry mustard, and salt and pepper; stir till well blended. Scrape the mixture into a large, shallow baking dish.
- Drape the bacon slices evenly over the top and bake uncovered till the bacon is thoroughly cooked and the beans are bubbling, 1 to 1 1/4 hours.