Recipe by josamky1063
These cupcakes with "cobwebs" on the top make a perfect spooky treat for your favorite ghouls.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 (2 1/8 ounce) butterfinger candy bars, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) containerprepared vanilla frosting
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 (2 ounce) packagewhite icing (tube)
- 2 (1 2/3 ounce) packages Butterfinger BB's
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE cake mix batter according to package directions; add chopped Butterfinger to batter. Bake according to directions for 24 cupcakes. Cool completely. Frost cupcakes.
- PLACE morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut small corner from bag; squeeze to pipe concentric circles on top of frosting. Using wooden pick or tip of knife, pull tip through chocolate from center to last circle to create a cobweb effect.
- MAKE 2 dots using decorator icing on each of 24 Butterfinger BB's to resemble spider eyes. Place in center of each cobweb.
- VARIATION: Substitute vanilla frosting with chocolate frosting. Substitute melted chocolate morsels with 2 small tubes white decorator icing or gel.