This is from Rachael Ray's Magazine. It's just a different, unique way to use up leftover rice, or just to try as a side or even a main dish. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large, heavy skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towel to drain; leave 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease in the skillet.
- 2Add the kale and 3 tablespoons water to that skillet; cover and cook over medium to medium-low heat until tender, 8 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat olive oil. Add tomatoes and 1 teaspoon salt and cook over medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until tomatoes are softened, 8 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, sugar, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt until dissolved; stir into rice.
- 5To serve, divide rice among 4 bowls; layer with kale, tomatoes, avocado, bacon, and sunflower seeds.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cobb-Style Rice Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1277.6
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 1588.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 196.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar